To provide medical services to all Guests and Crewmembers. The Nurse shall assist the Staff Captain, Senior Doctor and Doctor in all shipboard health-related matters including outbreak prevention, and illness reporting as required by international, national and Company policies.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Maintains Guest illness logs and medical notes. Completes all paperwork associated with various medical situations.
- Maintain Crewmember illness logs and Crewmember medical files. Such files shall accompany Crewmembers from ship to ship in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains injury logs and fill out accident reports.
- Maintains current Crewmember physical examinations.
- Maintains Acute Gastroenteritis log for U.S.P.H. and reports as required.
- Prepares and maintains records of Medical Center charges.
- Executes Code Alpha procedures.
- Executes air and land evacuation procedures.
- Trains and leads stretcher teams in Fire and Lifeboat drills, and first-aid training for Crewmembers.
- Obtain and tests water samples and cultures for growth of Coliform organisms.
- Performs weekly checks of emergency equipment and maintenance of all Medical Center equipment.
- Sterilizes surgical instruments.
- Orders medical supplies and equipment. Maintains proper levels of inventory through us of the AMOS ordering system.
- Maintains current medications in lifeboat canisters once yearly.
- Provides first aid supplies for first aid boxes.
- Makes and distributes Medical Center on call schedules.
- Properly disposes of hazardous wastes and used sharps (needles, syringes).
- Oversees and maintains cleanliness of the Medical Center in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Actively participants in Crewmember education and training programs.
- Maintains records and narcotic counts.
- Ensures confidentiality of medical information.
- Properly fills out and distributes all forms associated with the medical department.
- Prepares and submits a list of accidents/injuries by department for the monthly Crew Safety and Environmental Committee meetings.
- Assists in mandatory random drug testing.
- Executes and has a good working knowledge of all paperwork associated with the operations of the Medical Center.
- Executes and has a good working knowledge of all paperwork associated with the operations of the Medical Center
- The Nurse needs to be available at all times in order to assist the Doctor or Senior Doctor with any medical cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
Nurse needs to be available at all time in order to assist the Doctor or Senior Doctor with any medical cases.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- The Nurse on duty will, at all times, carry a two-way communication device or a handphone, ready to respond to emergencies.
- The incumbent must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment; also, must be able to adjust to changes in schedules, assignments and deadlines.
- Minimum of three (3) years post-graduate clinical experience is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
- Minimum of one year practical experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required.
- Minimum of one year experience working in the Emergency Department, Intensive Care or Coronary Care Unit is required.
- Minimum of one year experience performing Basic Life support until the physician arrives is required.
- Must provide a chronology of all medical activities since graduation from nursing school.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or foreign equivalent is required.
- Valid nursing license from country or State/Province of origin is required.
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support within one year of application, with renewal of Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification every two years from a recognized educational institution, is required.
- Must maintain a positive behavior with Guests and Crewmembers.
- Must work well with Medical Center team members
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
- $ 3000.00/month guarantee+ 5% Commission
- Projected monthly salary: $ 5795.95
Thank you for interest.